It has been so long since I have written on here. I have completed 8 classes, killed the laptop that I had for 7 years, got a new one (that I LOVE!) and became a member of the National Society for Leadership and Success. Something else I did was start a GoFundMe campaign to fund my impending masters education. Honestly, who can afford a masters when you don’t have enough time in the day to work a full time job as well as study, read, research, and write to earn your degree. You can view my campaign here. If you could share it on all the social media sites, or donate, everything is appreciated. Also, send me your campaigns, if you have any, and I will blast them on all my sites. Again you can find my campaign here and here. I greatly appreciate any assistance you, or people who see the campaign because of you, provide.
Much Love!!!!! I promise to be back soon.
Long time no talk. I have some updates. I will be writing on this blog again in the near future. I am still working out the kinks for the future article line-up. However, I did begin another site. This new site is for my freelance editing, writing, and researching business. It is called The Freelance Researcher and I am very proud of it. Over the next week or so I will be tweaking it and adding more services.
I would love to know your thoughts on it and if you need any services or if there are any improvements I could make. Also let me know if there is anything you want to see in the future on this site. I love to hear from you.
It has been forever since I have posted. My last post being part of a 30 day series I was trying to use to keep myself from lapsing with my writing. We all see how well that worked. Seriously, Why is it so hard to keep up with my blog? Anyway, there have been some changes in my life, specifically my education. I was at Kutztown University studying History but I performed horribly there. I never showed up, and when I did, I didn’t participate or even do my work. I think it was a comfort thing. I wasn’t comfortable so I didn’t work. I’m not making excuses, I know it was me who messed that opportunity up and I take responsibility for it. However, had I not failed out of KU, I would never have transferred to Southern New Hampshire University Online. I wouldn’t have found the history program that allows me to take the classes I actually want and concentrate on the time periods I’m actually interested in.
On to my second order of business. Writing Suggestions! I want to hear what you guys long to read in blog posts, short stories, and books. Fandom theories, a story where you’re the main character, a story with an alter-ego? Things you want to read on the blog. Maybe a Friday series, or something that is daily. I want to keep some of the things that I worked on when I first started this blog, but I want to start fresh with some new ideas and such. Therefore I will be taking some time to gather ideas, complete some posts and get the vision for this blog together. Then I will be back full force and blogging on the regular, hopefully.
Until then, I want as many suggestions as possible. You can comment them or send them to the email for this blog; firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to seeing your comments and suggestions and I appreciate them so very much.
Today is day 8 of the 30 day blogging challenge.
Today I will be discussing 5 of my current goals.
- Earn a B or higher in my current classes.
- Finish my Bachelors degree and my Masters degree before my sister graduates high school.
- Find a steady job so that I can start saving money.
- Clean and organize my room.
- Finally get my car back on the road.
So those are my five most current goals. What are some of your goals currently?
Today is day 7 of the 30 days of blogging challenge. Today I am going to tell you my 5 favorite songs, as of right now.
- Luke Bryan – Play it Again
- Elle King – Exs and Ohs
- Grace – You Don’t Own Me ft. G-Eazy
- Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
- Iggy Azalea – Fancy
Anyway, those are my current favorites but they change constantly. Sometimes multiple times a day. What are your favorites? Do you have any suggestions?
Day 5: Your proudest moment
I would have to say so far my proudest moment is when I graduated from Universal Technical Institute with all 11 Ford certifications. I was so proud of myself because not many of the men who were graduating with me had that many. I was presented with my certificate of completion for my original program, the paper certificates for all of the certifications and a nice watch with the Ford logo in the face of it.
Day 6: What are you afraid of?
HA! I am afraid of so many things. The biggest thing I’m afraid of is spiders. After that, snakes, failure, awkward social situations, etc. the list goes on and on.
What are your proudest moments? What are you afraid of?
I know i missed posting yesterday. Hence why I will be posting two days at once.
Day 3: Your Favorite Quote
One of my favorite quotes has to be from the Harry Potter series. It is as follows.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
~~ Albus Dumbledore
This quote has helped me keep my head up through tough times when I probably would have given up otherwise.
Day 4: Your Dream Job
I would have to say that my dream job would range from working in the archives in Williamsburg, with the archaeology department in Williamsburg, or running a historical education program somewhere, teaching all age ranges about history.
So everyone, tell me what your favorite quote is and what your dream job would be. Are you working towards your dream job, or are you already doing it? Let me know.
It’s time for 20 facts about me.
- I am deathly afraid of Spiders! Seriously, eek.
- I have changed schools once again to Southern New Hampshire University online. I’m still studying History and I intend to get my masters there as well.
- I can drive a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- When it comes to reading, I either read nonstop or don’t read at all. There doesn’t seem to be an in between for me.
- I have never traveled outside of the continental United States but it is something I hope to do before I die.
- Subsequently, I have never traveled West of the Mississippi River and I have not been able to visit all of the states this side o the River yet.
- My favorite colors are blue and green.
- I have two favorite book series’. The Harry Potter Series and The Outlander Series.
- I can sit and watch Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Hobbit movies back to back, without getting tired of them.
- I was in a car accident at the beginning of my senior year of high school. I was the only one hurt and it still effects me physically and mentally.
- If given the opportunity to own a mini farm, I would drop everything and do it.
- I attended Universal Technical Institute before I started studying History. I graduated with all 11 certifications offered by them through Ford but still couldn’t obtain a job.
- I don’t know where life is taking me now but I am actually relieved it isn’t in the Automotive Industry at the moment.
- I have a wish list on amazon that is full of books and programs to learn the extensive list of languages I want to learn and master.
- I also have a wish list with over 200 books I want to purchase and read even though I have a stack of books that still need to be read.
- I am terrified of flying even though I have never done it.
- I am constantly looking for ways to keep things organized and then not implementing them because I find something better.
- I love to cook and recently tested a recipe for undone Egg roll’s in a Bowl. It was amazing and tasted better than take away Chinese.
- I get more work done at night when no one is bugging me and there are less distractions. Unfortunately that means I am usually really tired throughout the day and never on a normal sleep schedule.
- I have high levels of anxiety when it comes to social interaction with people I am uncomfortable with or people that I don’t know. I also have high levels of anxiety while driving in wet, snowy, or icy weather.
I found it rather hard to figure out what to put in this list. It’s not that I don’t have anything to talk about, I just don’t usually talk about myself. I you saw anything you want to discuss let me know. I always want to hear from you.
We are going to do a new thing this month. I see it as a way to keep me posting on a daily basis, as well as a way or you to get to know me and maybe to ind new topics to write about.
My blog’s name isn’t really anything special. At the time, it was a name that pertained to what I had wanted to blog about when I first started the blog. Over time the blog has kind of evolved and headed into a different direction. I am completely okay with that. Come back tomorrow to read 20 acts about me.
How is everyone? I am looking for new topic suggestions for this year. I want to let you know some of the things I’m thinking about doing this year. As always, we will continue the QOTD and my posts from any trips I take this year. I would also like to start up a literary review/discussion. Something that we can interact with each other over. I also want to do a series that discusses historical events. I am looking for suggestions as to what you would like to read about, learn about, and/or discuss. Your opinions are always welcome here no matter what.
Please, please, please let me know what you would like to see, what you would like to have me review, your favorite book at the time, etc. Is there any historical events you want to read about or discuss? Is there a current event you would like to discuss? I want to know, so please leave a comment down below and let me know what you want to see. I have a goal to write at least once a day from now until the end of the year.